Sunday, March 29, 2009
My handmade item for the HLBOE swap is done. Well, it needs to be accessorized, but the knitting is done. After frogging and starting over. Colorwork is a PITA and this was supposed to be an easy/beginners colorwork project. I have even more respect now for all those Fair Isle sweaters. Wow. It's cool that I did it, but I don't think I'll be rushing to do another. lol
Now my handmade item for HSKS is underway. Really, I need to start reading patterns before deciding to do them. This isn't going to be a hard knit, per say, but the stitch is uses is different and kind of a PITA. It looks really cool though.
Ryan is on leave and will be deploying on the 12th. We're both glad that he's able to go to Honduras instead of Iraq or Afghanistan, but it still stinks.
Bella is doing well. I discovered she's been peeing on the floor in the extra room and Ethan's room. Unfortunately, I did not discover this until it started to smell bad. But I caught her the other day. I need to get some floor cleaner and a scrub brush to clean the rug, what I have here isn't working for the smell. It's better, but not all gone. She goes out a lot during the day, so I'm hoping this is just an adjustment period type of thing. Arty did it too when we first got her.
We hit up the thrift stores and the swap meet this weekend. It was fun. I got some "new" clothes, which is nice. I also got some DVDs at the swap meet today. I was looking for Nightmare Before Christmas, but no luck. I did get Sleepy Hollow, Pirates of the Carribean 2 and Black Sheep. If you're into zombie horror/comedy movies, check out Black Sheep. I haven't seen it yet, but it looks good, in a bad sort of way. :)
I have been swapping altogether too much lately. I'm not talking about my HP swaps, but the swap/trade boards on Rav. They are addicting and I need to stop. I'm going to unjoin those forums for a bit. I spend way too much on postage. I keep saying I'm going to stop/cut back, but each pay period I end up with $40 or more in postage. So, I'm going to have to unjoin. I really like chatting with the people there, so it's a little sad. I actually want to start cutting back on my internet time in general.
Well, I think Ethan is up to no good, so I'm going to go find him.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Today was busy too, lots of running around to do, I was out of the house for most of the day. No knitting today yet either. :( Maybe this evening after I put E to bed.
My HLBOE and HSKS packages are close to being ready to go. Just have to finish up on the hand knit items. Almost done! Yay! After these and the HSS swap, I am going to take a break from HP swaps. I've been going back and forth on this and have finally decided to take a break. I've been doing HP swaps for about a year now and as much as I love HP, I am HP swapped out. I am really not into the swaps this time around, ie message board, chats. With Ryan leaving soon, E and I will be doing some traveling and what not, so I don't want to be tied up in a swap. Not one that requires a hand knit item anyways.
So, I don't think I posted here that we got a new dog. Her name is Bella and she's a Jack Russell/Beagle mix. We believe she's deaf. She's a very sweet dog, loves to give kisses. She's very good with E too. We've had her for just over a week now. Her and Arty are getting along really well. She's definitely a great addition to our family. :)
Here are some pics. 1st, just Bella. 2nd Bella and Arty.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
1. On which day did the Order of the Phoenix come to get Harry?
2. During all this chaos with voldemort and the Death Eaters, people still had lives to live and Ron's oldest brother, Bill decided to marry Fleur Delacour? Who were the uninvited guests at Bill and Fleur's wedding?
b. Death Eaters
3. Voldemort had seven Horcruxes hidden in different places. Six of them were hidden at the Gaunt shack, Hogwarts, a cave, inside Harry, inside his snake, Nagini and Tom Riddles Diary. Did Voldemort hide the last Horcrux inside the Malfoy's vault at Gringotts?
4. Why did the Dumbledore's move to Godric's Hollow?
c. The father went to Azkaban
5. Harry and Hermione read a part of "Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore," written by Rita Skeeter. Then they met Dumbledore's brother Abeforth and he told them the same story, just with a few details changed. Which of the following did Aberforth and Rita Skeeter agree on about Dumbdore's past?
b. That Dumbledore was friends with Grindelwald for a while.
6. When Harry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow, they visit the graveyard to see Harry's parent's graves. Harry walks by a tombstone that we later learn belong to tone of "The Three Broother'. The brother buried there once owned what?
a. The ressrection stone
b. The cloak
7. The Trio finds out that Luna had been kidnapped by the Death Eaters , and that they won't give her back until they got Harry Potter. Why did they kidnap Luna?
a. Her father sided with Harry and Dumbledore
8. After Voldemort killed Snape, he left the room and Harry came out from under the cloak. Snape gave Harry some of his memories all the way from when he was a child to just months before. Harry dived into the Pensieve and which of the following did he not see?
c. Snape and Lily having fun in a potions class
9. On the search of the Lost Diadem, Harry finally gets to takl to the Gray Lady. Who was the Gray Lady when she was alive?
c. Helena Ravenclaw.
10. Which of these is not one of Harry or Ron's children?
Saturday, March 7, 2009
I also visited a new LYS. I had known about it, but had never been. It's very nice and we enjoyed our visit there. They have a bit different stock than my other LYS that I would normally go too, so it's nice to have a local selection.
I'll be mailing out my HLBOE swap package within the next couple of weeks and plan on shipping my HSKS package within the first couple of weeks of April. I've got to check and see when the early shipping dates are.
Ryan came home today, which is nice. He's glad to be home too. :)
Sunday, March 1, 2009
I think I totally missed the time limit for HSKS, though I'm good for HLBOE swap.
I've got the vast majority of shopping done for these 2 swaps, just a few local things I need to pick up, Yay!
I'm in HSS too and I think I know what yarn I'll be using for that swap. Hopefully it'll still be there for sale when I go to get it. :)
I finished my Jim Jones socks yesterday and my STR Knitters w/o Borders socks are almost done too. I started No Purl Monkeys today with Cosmic Fiber's Dexter's Donuts.
Speaking of which, Dexter will be coming to my house in a couple of days. It's next on my queue with Netflix. We currently have The Nightmare Before Christmas, and watched it 3 times this weekend. Ethan really liked it. It'll go in the mail tomorrow and Dexter should be here by Wednesday.
I have to say that Netflix is worth every penny. I love watching instantly and getting the DVD is nice too. We don't have cable and it is an excellent alternative. Much less expensive and no annoying commercials. It is, however, cutting into my X Files marathon. I've been working on getting through all the X Files seasons for about a year. I'm in Season 7 now, but that got set aside as I started watching Doctor Who. And now I have Dexter and Torchwood coming too. I did watch the X Files movie last week, which I loved. That is one I'll buy, along with Pirates of the Carribean 2 & 3.
Well, I'm going to run for now. I'll have a better update in a few days.