Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We went to a Halloween party last night. After the party we came home and pretty much went to bed, so I didn't get my blog post up. The party was a lot of fun. Ethan had a really good time. He ate a few cookies, appeared to get a sugar high, was running around like a maniac and then tripped and fell. He was done after that. He was ok, just the sugar and being past his bedtime...

Today I'm going to our Jax Ravelers get together. It should be a good time with good food too. It's also a destash, so I gathered a few items that I don't think I'll be using.

I am almost done with my 1st pair of socks. I think I have about another half inch or so before starting the toe decreases. I'm pretty excited about it! I would have been done with them, but last weekend I started another pair. I am to the heel turn on that pair. I had to stop because the needles were too slippery and kept dropping out. I ordered another set from Knitpicks (in Harmony) and am just waiting for them to arrive. I stared my 3rd pair yesterday with my "Thriller" yarn from the Halloween Sock Kit Swap. I'm using the pattern that came with my kit too. I think they're going to be very cool socks. My other 2 socks, I am using the book Sensational Knitted Socks.

I don't know why the sock bug has suddenly hit me. It all started when I went to see the Yarn Harlot. I bought a skein of Lorna's Laces Bee Stripe sock yarn. I wanted something mindless I could do while listening to the Yarn Harlot and my Pinwheel hat wasn't going to cut it. So, I bought one skein thinking I'd try some ankle socks. Then I just kept going and had to go back and buy another skein. And I've been destashing a lot of my sewing stuff and some yarn and have been building up my sock yarn stash. Even though my stash pales in comparison to many others, I am quite happy with it. :)

I do still need to finish my Pinwheel hat. It's going to be very cool. I also need to get the Mini Boob Holder done for my sister. I also have to get started on a pair of longies for a trade. And I need to find someone to sew for me.

My swap package is coming along nicely. When I ordered my needles, I picked up a couple of other items for my spoilee. With that, the package will be just about finished. I just need to finish my 2nd handmade item (which has been sorely neglected with all the sock love going around) and my package will be in the mail next week. I have to check on the early shipping date again.

I think that's it for now.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

I can't wait to see your socks. Now I'm inspired to finish my latest pair of socks that has been simmering on my needles for 2 yrs. (ack!)

Emerald