Friday, June 6, 2008

Really

You'd think amid reminding everyone to post in their blogs, I would remember to post in mine! But I almost forgot. We put up a new house quiz this week. It seems to have gone over well and I'm pretty happy about that.

I got a lot accomplished this week, which is great! I'm hoping to get much accomplished this weekend too. I have 2 shower diapers I need to get done and I'm hoping to get started on my handmade item. Plus finish up some knit shorties. It looks like my spinning may have to wait until Monday. Oh yes, I also need to get a small soaker done to stock next week, plus the wipes I am serging. I need to get some yarn dyed too. I have a long crafty to-do list. It all needs to get done within the next 10 days or so because we need to start packing.

We're moving! Our lease isn't up here until August 1st, but we'll be moving into our new place on July 16th. That gives us almost 2 weeks to move everything over. I'm hoping to do a room at a time and unpack as we go. We'll be signing the lease on Monday or Tuesday. Did I mention we'll be renting a house instead of an apartment? The square footage on the house about 140 less than here, but it has a fenced in yard. A HUGE yard. It's in a great area and it's closer to base. Awesome! I know Ethan and Arty will love having a yard to run around in. I plan on starting a garden. Possibly even a clothesline.

Tonight I hand made some whole wheat corn tortillas. They were pretty good, even if they weren't round. Been cooking a lot lately since our extra money is going towards the new place. The security deposit is quite large, plus we'll be overlapping in rent. Not eating out so much is healthier anyways and we've been trying great new vegan and vegetarian dishes.

So, I've really been into spindle spinning lately. I am thisclose to being done with 2 full skeins. I wasn't able to get any done today, but I can't wait to finish those 2 up! Here is a picture of almost all of my spindles.



From left to right: Golding, Butterflygirldesigns (3), Greensleeves Mjolinor, Trixie and a DIY. Not pictured is my Bosworth which I am using to spin up my Spunky Club. Too bad I don't have an on-the-bobbin picture for my wheel. I am working up this funky batt and loving it. I already have one skein done. I don't have a picture of that either. I am slacking with the pictures since I wasn't planning on a big blog post this week.

If you've made it this far into my post, you may have noticed that I am not posting as if I am at Hogwarts. My character blog is a bust, so I'll just post as if to my regular blog. It's better than the 3 line posts I've been posting. I think so anyways. :)

1 comment:

Ophelia Crookshanks said...

Hi Morgana,

I put a package in the mail to you on Wednesday. I do hope you like it. It seems as though it is right up your alley.

I hope you are having a good week.
ophelia c.