Friday, June 13, 2008

What was I thinking?

So, 3 days ago I decided that since I have been eating healthy and exercising that I should eliminate soda from my diet as well. Yes, I thought, giving up caffeine would give me a headache for a day, big deal. Ha! Not just headaches, but I was completely lethargic. No energy, no motivation, nothing. I just wanted to sleep and I felt like crapola. After 2 days of that, I decided now was not the time to break the habit. I've got too much on my plate to be lying around and sleeping as much as possible. This morning after dropping Ryan off at work, E and I went to do a spot of grocery shopping and I have a sweet Pepsi. :) Oh yes, it's been a much better day!

That being said, I'm pretty proud of myself exercise and eating wise. I've been preparing our meals at home almost every night. We've eaten out once last week and once this. For us, that is a small amount. Every other night I've been cooking. I've been making vegetarian meals that are just wonderful! I'm actually using my vegan cookbooks (Vegan with a Vengeance is awesome!), but I still have butter and milk here, so I've been using that as needed. Anyways, it's been a lot of beans and veggies and whole grains. I've also been making Ryan's lunch everyday. I usually try to take a day or two off each week from this and he eats at Subway. For the past 2 weeks, today is the first day he's eaten at Subway. And that is only because I was feeling so crappy and we had to leave extra early this morning. So, I have actually lost a bit of weight without really trying and I am feeling good! Except for those 2 caffeine free days. :)

This weekend I am for sure starting on my handmade item for the swap. I have the fabric and am ready to go! I am also planning on dyeing the yarn this weekend. I'd like to have my package in the mail within the next 10 days. I need to start packing here and time seems to just fly sometimes.

I am also finishing up some knitting for a swap and still have those 2 diapers to finish. They are pinned at least. I did finish all my stuff I am listing for sale, so that is good.

Oh, we signed the lease for our new house. Hooray! It's a bit closer to base and it has a huge yard! I can't wait to not have to walk the dog anymore. :) Plus, both Arty and Ethan will love having the yard to run around in. The house itself is a bit smaller than our apartment, but it's nice. It's the bedrooms that are significantly smaller. But the neighborhood is very nice and the rent is less then we're paying here. We're going to be downsizing as we're packing, which is a good thing. We're overlapping 2 weeks so we'll be able to leisurely move our stuff and only have to use a moving truck for our larger items.

All right, I think I'm going to reformat this computer. It's acting a bit weird and I'm thinking I may have a virus though Norton says no.

No comments: