Saturday, February 14, 2009

Can't read directions...

Ok, so I see I was supposed to put definitions with my words. Yah, not going to happen. I am way too lazy for that. But it was fun word hunting. I play these kind of games on Facebook and Pogo. It's fun.

My mom flew in last night and we were out running around all day today. Going to be out tomorrow too. I think Monday we'll stay home and relax. I'll work on my duel hat then. My partner mailed yesterday, so I knew I was dead.

I've been working on my hat for the HLBOE swap. It's my first time doing stranded colorwork. Unfortunately, I had to frog after getting a good amount into the hat. But, it was a learning experience and I know what to do this time. I'm only on the ribbing now, but hope to get some time to work on it tomorrow. I have my luxury item already and just need to pick up a couple of other goodies for this package.

My yarn arrived yesterday for the HSKS swap project. I'll get started on that after I finish up my HLBOE hat. My spoilee wants a bag kit, so I'll have to start looking for a pattern and yarn for her. I do have an idea, a bag I've made recently for my sister. Easy pattern, fun to make and very cute.

So, we went thrift store shopping today. I got 3 sweaters to reclaim yarn from. I did my first sweater a couple of weeks ago and it was fun. I dyed some of it up this week. I dyed some sock yarn I had too. I did one of the sock yarns in a Doctor Who colorway I created. I haven't had time to reskein all my dyeing efforts, but maybe next week sometime and I really want to do a little swatch on the Doctor Who yarn to see how it looks.

I've discovered a new Indie dyer. Her yarn is called Cosmic Fibers and she has a shop on Etsy. I am in love with her colorways. I currently have Jim Jones on the needles (a sock). I just got one of her Dexter colorways and have another one coming. She also has a Neferious sock club that I belong to and it's awesome! She's done HP colorways too and I really want to get the Deathly Hollow colorway.

I've found 2 other Indie dyers who do HP colorways that work up really nice. Mackintosh Yarns (just bought one of hers) and RazzyTazzyKnits.

So, I've been doing a lot of yarn shopping lately and it's been fun. I've been lucky enough to get some skeins of Wollmeise. I'm currently working with Wilder Mohn and it's just beautiful worked up. I have some SOS. I have Indisch Rot and Schwartz coming and one that starts with an H (some sort of honey colorway).

Tomorrow we're going to the flea market to shop around. Should be fun, it usually is. :)

Tonight Ryan and I are going out to dinner. It's already 20 after 7, waiting for him and my mom to get back from Publix, she wanted to pick up something for herself for dinner and some milk for tomorrow. We were originally going to go out tomorrow night, but Ryan has a lot of homework due tomorrrow and with all the running around we've been doing, we decided to just go to dinner tonight and probably the book store after. We're going to a restaurant called Sticky Fingers and I'm getting the ribs. They're really good. And they have the best pecan pie ever.

Well, I think that's about all for now.

3 comments:

Kari Lu Cowell said...

You like Dr. Who and Dexter?? Me too!!!! I heart Dr. Who so much! :D

Hermione Bagnold said...

I like to play those scrambled word games, too! :) Very fun! The one I play the most is text twist from Yahoo...

Kari Lu Cowell said...

Tag, you're it! Read my blog for more info. :)