Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh My Gosh!

I almost forgot to post again. Geez. Thank goodness Pren is on the west coast and I hope she hasn't checked yet.

I am having a hard time getting into the swing of things for this swap. I think because it's been so long between the inception and it starting.

I am still trying to find a SPEW charity. I emailed what I thought would be a local charity, but haven't heard back, so I'm going to have to do things the hard way. Actually make phone calls or visits. lol I'll try to remember tomorrow morning to stop at the hospital on base and see if they have a volunteer coordinator. I'd like to find a charity where we can donate chemo caps and preemie/baby caps. So, hopefully that will be a go for us. I will post to the Rav board when I know for sure.

So, HSKS7 is getting ready to start soon too. I considered not signing up since I'm doing this swap, as well as participating in a KAL/CAL and I have holiday gifts I need to finish in about a month (when my mom comes to visit), but hey, it's The Deathly Hallows and will be my 4th time. I've got to participate. Plus, it's a fun swap and I enjoy the people who participate. Once again, I flirted with the idea of a different house, but I really enjoy the other Gryffindor peeps. They're a fun bunch, so I'll stick with Gryffindor. :)

This week I need to get in contact with my spoilee and see what kind of hat she prefers or if she just wants a surprise.

All right, I'm going to post this so it'll be there when Pren checks. :)

No comments: