Sunday, January 25, 2009

Getting it Right!

Yah, I'm getting it right this week. Blogging on time. :)

I've posted on Ravelry, but I'll mention it here too. I've decided to donate chemo caps to the West Palm Beach VMAC. This is where my dad was treated and passed away, so I'll be very happy to send some donations to their chemo patients. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

I have finally finished a pair of longies I've been doing for a trade. I am so glad. I had to set them aside for holiday knitting and am glad to have them done! They'll be in the mail this week, woot!

This week I also finally fixed my 1st pair of socks. See, after I finished knitting them, they were a little big. So, even though they're superwash, I thought a trip through the washer and dryer might shrink them just a little. It didn't, but it did give one of them a hole. I thought it was fixable and it was. Yay! I'm almost done with my 2nd pair of socks now and just started my 3rd pair today. My 2nd and 3rd pair are footies. I love them. They're pretty quick and that's what I wear anyways.

I'm waiting to hear back from my spoilee from the HLBOE swap about colors and waiting for Charmed Knits to get here and then I can get started on my project. I think I know which yarn I'll be using.

I signed up for HSKS7 this week. I'm looking forward to finding out who my partner is. It seems the requirement for this term is knitting a bag. I was thinking of that anyways, but no decision until after I hook up with my spoilee.

I am also involved in the Bitchcake Swap on Ravelry. Fortunately this swap does not require me to make anything, just fun buying. :) We do a small gift this month and next and the large surprise in March.

Ok, so I've decided I really want to build my stash up some this year. So, I now belong to 4 yarn clubs. Three of them are socks and one is cotton. Only 1 is monthly, so that makes it a little better. The others are all bi-monthly. Here they are:

The Unique Sheep's Lord of the Ring Sock Club and Rubber Ducky Club.

The Loopy Ewe's Sock Club

Cosmic Fiber's Neferious Club

Should be a lot of fun!

Well, the little guy is wanting my attention, so I'm going to close this for now.

1 comment:

CentyB said...

Lucky you to be joining all those yarn clubs!!! So glad you're back in Gryffindor this term :)