Saturday, April 25, 2009

Almost forgot!

I almost forgot to post this week. Last week it was just a Quidditch post. The term is almost over and my handmade item is almost done. Yay! Next I'll be starting socks for HSS.

My mom may possibly be coming to visit next month. I was thinking of visiting her the end of next month/early June, but I think I'll be waiting until July. We'll have a little bit more $$ then.

I think our big adventure next month will be a trip to Silver Springs. I haven't been there since I was a teen. They have glass bottom boats, which are very cool. They also have a couple of rides, other boat rides, kids stuff, etc. Lots to do, it looks like fun! I think Ethan will really like it. I mentioned we would be going to my mom and she wants to go too. That's where she went on her honeymoon, 38 years ago! SS is about a 2 hour drive from here, so it'll be a day trip.

In an unexpected turn of events, I'm getting a spinning wheel!! Really! Totally not planned. The talent behind Cosmic Fiber is active on one of the forums I'm active on on Ravelry. She just got a new Lendrum and mentioned she would be selling her wheel. It's a Louet S70. It's perfect because it is single treadle and Irish tension. And it's solid oak. She's letting me make payments, so we were able to work it into our budget. I'm pretty excited!

Well, that's about it for now. Ryan has internet most of the time, so we're able to chat a good bit. He's called a couple of times too. Last night they had a going away dinner for one of the Chiefs and they ate at a Honduras restaurant off base. He had quite a large meal, which he said was really good, plus a bottle of water and it cost $6. Nice! :)

No comments: