Friday, October 3, 2008

What a Week!

It's been a busy week for this Gryffindor girl! Nothing specific really. Just a lot of running around and Ethan being almost 3. Next Friday is his birthday!

I did a fair amount of housework (for me anyways!) this week. I worked on my Moebius cowl and something else I'm doing for my spoilee.

This evening I was cutting fabric. Enough for 15 fleece soakers. It took me about an hour and a half or so. I want to try to get them sewn up this weekend.

Also this weekend, I'm hoping to get 3 hats crocheted and a couple of other little crocheted items done. I think this is going to be a crafty weekend.

It's after 11 already. I'll be back tomorrow to do the quiz.

Oh! I also got a B Stylin button machine this week. It really is a lot of fun! I've made 7 buttons so far and they have all turned out great. The buttons are 1". I don't particularly care for the pins on the back, but otherwise, they're great!

I told Ryan about possibly buying a regular button machine in a couple of months or so. He kind of made fun of me, but said that was fine. Then later in the evening he asked if I could make a button for him! Really! I'd really like to make magnets and have been pricing machines and magnet parts. I like the 1" buttons. So, we'll see how I feel about buttons come tax time.

I am pretty well decided that I will not purchase another wheel. That was what I had planned on doing around tax time. Honestly though, I am perfectly happy with the spinning I've been doing on my spindles. I have been doing so much more knitting and crocheting since I sold my wheel. I've really been enjoying it. I'll have pictures tomorrow. The production is much slower on a spindle, but that is ok. I still have a good amount of yarn sitting here from when I had a wheel. Slower production is a ok. I am on the waiting list for a Bosworth Moosie and I think that may complete my collection for the time being. I've thinned out my stash a bit and sold/gifted 3 of my spindles. Currently I am spinning on my Bosworth and 2 of my Butterflygirldesigns spindles. Yes, I have 3 spinning projects going on. :) Oh, and I'd also like to get another Ashford niddy noddy. If I'm doing singles, which is what I'm usually doing, I like to wind my yarn off on my niddy noddy and keep adding to it as I go. When one project lasts for weeks, this ties up the niddy noddy. :)

So, tomorrow I'll post pics of a lot of my FO's. Some are from months ago, but some are from the past 6 weeks or so. I took most of the pics this evening. I'll be posting them on Ravelry too.

I think that's going to be it for tonight. I'm going to go get a couple of games of Scramble in on Facebook. Good night!

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

I hope you have a great weekend!!!

Emerald